Inform Your Community
About the FREE "Getting the Most from your Healthcare Appointment" (GTM) Workshop
You can help to spread the word about this effective and fun workshop for " GTM" The program had its regional launch in March 2014 with solid interest and growth in Ontario's North West Region. 6 other LHINs are participating in this provincial expansion.
We are always looking for new partners in our North West Ontario communities. Here are some ideas of ways you can inform your community about the free "GTM”.
Promote our program
- Post a link to www.healthychange.ca on your website, or include it in your print materials. If you do, let us know! We'd love to hear from you.
- Include " GTM" workshop information in your next newsletter.
- Send self-management workshop listings to a community events calendar.
- Put a " GTM " poster in your centre bulletin board or brochures in your waiting room. You can request promotional materials from our office by emailing michael(dot)mcbride(at)lhins(dot)on(dot)ca.
Partner with us
- Host an introductory session (1/2 -1 hour) for your staff or the broader community. A speaker from the "GTM" program can share excerpts from the workshop and will answer questions. We can also run the presentation to your staff on the program at your best time, availability, and location.
- Host a 1.5 hour workshop in your organization's meeting room.
- Organize a group of 8 – 16 people who are interested in taking the workshop & we'll bring the leaders to your location. See 'Involve' – Host a workshop.
- Learn how to incorporate Self-Management Support approaches and referrals into your daily activities.