Healthy Change Program
For Adults of All Ages with Diabetes, Arthritis, Stroke, Hypertension, Lung Disease, Depression or Fibromyalgia. Caregivers Welcome.
Find out how to have the confidence to manage all aspects of your life – including emotions and daily activities as well as the medical side. Learn effective tips and strategies that will help you improve your quality of life.
How Does the Healthy Change Program Work?
- Every workshop is free for adults of all ages and their caregivers
- Participants meet for 2-1/2 hour classes, once a week for six weeks
- Groups have between 8-12 participants with two trained leaders facilitate each workshop
- Workshops take place in community settings such as senior centres, churches, libraries and hospitals or via videoconferencing
- The program is offered throughout the year in Northwestern Ontario communities
- Each participant receives a free copy of the "Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions" Wellness Guide
- Pre-registration is required. Sign up on-line today! It's free and easy.
Healthy Change Workshop
- Establishing action plans
- Setting exercise and nutrition goals
- Pain management
- Proper use of medications
- Making treatment decisions
- Managing symptoms such as fatigue anddifficult emotions
- Working with your health care team