Inform Your Community
About the FREE "Healthy Change" workshop
You can help to spread the word about this effective and fun workshop for "Healthy Change with Chronic Conditions." Since its regional launch in March 2008, the program has rapidly expanded - over 74 free workshops have been hosted in Ontario's North West Region, with over 575 people participating.
We are always looking for new partners in our North West Ontario communities. Here are some ideas of ways you can inform your community about the free "Healthy Change" workshop.
Promote our program
- Post a link to www.healthychange.ca on your website, or include it in your print materials. If you do, let us know! We'd love to hear from you.
- Include "Healthy Change" workshop schedule in your next newsletter.
- Send self-management workshop listings to a community events calendar.
- Put a "Healthy Change" poster in your centre bulletin board or brochures in your waiting room. You can request promotional materials from our office by emailing michael(dot)mcbride(at)lhins(dot)on(dot)ca.
Partner with us
- Host an introductory session (1-1½ hours) for your staff or the broader community. A speaker from the "Healthy Change" program can share excerpts from the workshop and will answer questions. We can also do a shorter lunch & learn presentation to your staff on the program at your best time, availability, and location.
- Send your staff or volunteers for Volunteer Peer Leader training so they can facilitate the workshops in your area.
- Host a six-week workshop in your organization's meeting room.
- Organize a group of 8 – 16 people who are interested in taking the workshop & we'll bring the leaders to your location. See 'Involve' – Host a workshop.
- Learn how to incorporate Self-Management Support approaches and referrals into your daily activities.