Where possible, we prefer that Trainees have completed the "PEP Talk: Diabetes, Healthy Feet, and You" Workshop as a participant before training as a leader.
The application process will include:
1. Submitting the "Volunteer Application Form"
2. An interview in person or by phone
3. A signed commitment to:
- Honour responsibilities as a Peer Leader.
- Adhere to the policies of the North West Local Health Integration Network including a 'pledge of confidentiality' and a 'code of conduct'.
4. Submitting evidence of a valid Police Reference Check. If the Reference Check is not satisfactory, you may not be offered a volunteer position.
The above volunteer recruitment procedures are standard practice and help to promote a safe environment for self-management workshop participants and fellow Peer Leaders.