Inform Your Community
About the FREE "PEP Talk: Diabetes, Healthy Feet and You" Workshop
You can help to spread the word about this effective and fun workshop for " PEP Talk: Diabetes, Healthy Feet and You" The program had its regional launch in March 2014 with solid interest and growth in Ontario's North West Region. 6 other LHINs are participating in this provincial expansion.
We are always looking for new partners in our North West Ontario communities. Here are some ideas of ways you can inform your community about the free "PEP Talk: Diabetes, Healthy Feet and You”.
Promote our program
- Post a link to www.healthychange.ca on your website, or include it in your print materials. If you do, let us know! We'd love to hear from you.
- Include " PEP Talk: Diabetes, Healthy Feet and You" workshop information in your next newsletter.
- Send self-management workshop listings to a community events calendar.
- Put a " PEP Talk: Diabetes, Healthy Feet and You " poster in your centre bulletin board or brochures in your waiting room. You can request promotional materials from our office by emailing michael(dot)mcbride(at)lhins(dot)on(dot)ca.
Partner with us
- Host an introductory session (1/2 -1 hour) for your staff or the broader community. A speaker from the " PEP Talk: Diabetes, Healthy Feet and You" program can share excerpts from the workshop and will answer questions. We can also run the presentation to your staff on the program at your best time, availability, and location.
- Send your staff for the Peer Leader training so they can be mentors and support the peers in facilitating the workshops in your area. Health Care Professionals, particularly those involved in foot care, are sought to be mentors and potentially run sessions in conjunction with their programs and clinics. Ideally a foot care nurse can attend the closing of the workshop to perform an actual foot screen. Additionally we warmly welcome referrals from your clients to attend the Peer Leader training to become peer leaders.
- Host a 2.5 hour workshop in your organization's meeting room.
- Organize a group of 8 – 16 people who are interested in taking the workshop & we'll bring the leaders to your location. See 'Involve' – Host a workshop.
- Learn how to incorporate Self-Management Support approaches and referrals into your daily activities.